Did you know that Pizza is the number one favorite food in America? You can never go wrong by serving pizza to a whole crowd of picky eaters! It is so easy to make and you can freeze portion sizes for future use. This same recipe can be used for bread and rolls. Enjoy!
- 1 yeast pkt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 6 cups of flour (healthier version – 3 cups unbleached 3 cups whole wheat)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups warm water
In large mixing bowl, add yeast to warm water, combine flour , salt, and oil. Mix well, and add more water or flour if needed.
- Sprinkle flour on clean counter and Knead the dough into a ball for Approx 10 minutes. Add flour if too sticky.
- Grease sides of a bowl and place your dough ball in it.
- Cover with a clean dish towel and place in a warm place for 1/2 hour.
- Knead again cover and place in warm place for 3 hours until dough ball doubles in size.
- Sprinkle counter or large cutting board with flour
- Punch your dough down, and with a floured rolling-pin roll your dough flat into a large circle. You can stretch by gently pulling all around.
- Lightly sprinkle pizza pan with flour and place your dough on the pizza pan and stretch to fit.
- Add pizza sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings. Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour or until crust is slightly brown.
- Make in advance – double or triple this recipe. Knead and roll into 2-4 balls. Coat with oil, place each dough ball into freezer bag or plastic wrap and place into the freezer. When needed, remove from freezer and thaw at room temperature place in a greased bowl. Follow Steps 3-9.