As I was flipping through a magazine I came upon a recipe for Jimmy Dean’s Hearty Mini Quiché! Jimmy Dean’s Ad said: ” TASTE SO BIG we had to make them small.” I liked that idea so much that I came up with my version using veggie sausage! They turned out wonderful!
- 6 veggie patties. I like Morningstar brand
- 1/2 cup chopped green or red bell pepper
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk such as rice dream, soy milk, almond milk
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- Preheat oven to 350 cook veggie sausage, onions, and bell peppers in large skillet over medium heat until onions and peppers are tender
- Beat eggs, milk and black pepper in large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended, stir in sausage mixture and cheese.
- Line cupcake pans with baking liners. Spoon mixture evenly into baking cups or parchment paper.
- for 18 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean by inserting into the center. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Store Or Freeze
- Store in the fridge for two days
- Freeze in airtight freezer containers