When making a Protein Smoothie you don’t always need a powder, milk or yogurt protein. Go for nuts and seeds which are loaded with protein and add interesting flavor. Also peanut butter, and other nutty butters give silky smoothness to your smoothie. And if you are into tofu you can use the silken type.
In a blender add 1 cup of ice, 1 cup of coconut milk, cashew milk, or rice milk, or any other non-dairy beverages.
Here are the many options to chose from.
- add a tablespoon or peanut butter
- or 3/4 cup of almonds,
- or 1 to 2 tablespoons of Chia Seeds
- or 3/4 cup of any other nuts you have on hand
- add some or all and blend until smooth!
- add a banana for extra smoothness and potassium
- add some berries for fruitiness or pineapple
- peanut butter goes good with bananas
- nuts and seeds go good with berries.
- banana, pineapples, and nuts for a tropical drink
- tofu goes good with all of the above and adds silky smoothness
There are so many ways you can make a protein smoothie that you will never be bored.