I love making this bread because it is so moist and delicious plus it is a great snack to take along in my lunchbox for those days I want something sweet. Add additional fresh fruit to the slice of banana bread to give it that extra yumminess. I use applesauce to replace the egg, soy milk to replace buttermik and vegan margarine to replace butter. You can add nuts or chocolate chips to the bread. This recipe can also be used to make muffins.
- 1 cup sugar in the raw .
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 loaf pan
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Lightly grease loaf pan.
- Mix sugar and margarine in a large bowl.
- Stir in applesauce, add bananas, soy milk and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix in the chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and cover loosely with foil.
- Go ahead, lick the bowl, because no raw eggs were used!
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes, if a toothpick comes out clean it is done.
- Cool completely and then slice to serve.
- Top with bananas or berries.
- Refrigerate and eat in the next couple of days, or freeze for later.
I was born and raised in Hershey PA, Chocolate Town USA and I love chocolate! My mom would often make chocolate pudding pie for us kids when I was growing up, it was a special treat for us all! So I am going to spread some chocolate love by sharing my recipe for the Best-Ever Chocolate Pudding Pie! This pie has a filling that is dairy and egg free and made with Hershey’s cocoa. To make it extra special it is topped with walnuts! You can top the pie with anything you want such as peanuts, walnuts, banana’s and/or whipped cream!
For the crust you will need one prepared pie shell to line your pie dish with.
Bake Pie Shell in your pie dish at 350 for 15 – 20 minutes until golden
Remove from oven and set aside.
For the Pudding use my easy recipe found here: http://wp.me/p2mJQm-4X
Double up the ingredients.
Pour the cooked pudding into the pie shell and allow to cool for 1 hour
Top with nuts
Cover and transfer to the refrigerator for several hours to chill.
This cake is named after my husband who likes to bake as much as I do! His cake is made with no eggs and no dairy! The eggs are replaced with applesauce and the dairy milk replaced with a non-diary beverage, such as rice, almond, hemp or soy. Instead of using a traditional cake pan, he likes to bake with a Cast Iron Skillet! The cake is moist and so delicious!
Kevin’s Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 9 slices pineapple in juice drained
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar in the raw
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk (rice, almond, soy, hemp)
- 1/4 cup applesauce (1/4 cup applesauce = 1 egg)
- Heat oven to 350°F. In a 10-inch round cast iron pan, melt the margarine in the oven.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the melted margarine.
- Remove from the pan from the oven and place on top of the stove. Arrange pineapple slices over the brown sugar.
- In a medium bowl, beat the remaining ingredients with an electric mixer on low-speed for 30 seconds, scraping the bowl constantly.
- Beat on high-speed for 3 minutes, scraping the bowl.
- Pour the batter over pineapple and place the pan in the oven.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and immediately place a heat proof serving plate upside down over the pan.
- Turn the plate and pan over and leave the pan over cake for a few minutes so that the brown sugar mixture can drizzle over cake.
- Remove the pan and serve warm. Put any leftovers in the fridge.
Who doesn’t love a nice warm muffin in the morning with a hot cup of coffee? These muffins are egg and dairy free! I substitute the milk with coconut milk, the eggs with applesauce and the oil with banana’s! Enjoy.
2 cups of flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp salt
2 smashed banana’s
1 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat oven to 400, line muffin pan with paper liners.
2. In Medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
3. In large bowl beat banana, coconut milk, applesauce and vanilla.
4. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and beat about 1 minute but do not over mix.
5. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
6. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes
7. lightly press muffin top, if it springs back remove from oven.
8. Transfer muffins to a rack to cool.
Delicious is the word here…a dairy and egg free pumpkin pie. This pie is made with maple syrup and coconut milk and is oh so delicious!
- 1 prepared pie shell
- 1 can puree pumpkin
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 4 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pre heat oven to 350
- Put prepared pie shell into a pie dish
- In large bowl mix pumpkin, maple syrup, coconut milk, canola oil, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and cornstarch until smooth. Pour the filling into the prepared pie shell.
- Bake the pie for 60 minutes, until center is set and semi firm.
- Remove the pie from oven and let cool for 30 minutes on a cooling rack.
- Refrigerate until set before slicing.
I have been craving donuts lately but I did not want to settle for the fried ones. So, I bought a set of donut pans and got busy baking to satisfy my sweet tooth. For these donuts I used a basic cake recipe and cut back on the sugar and oil.
Wow! These baked donuts turned out to be so delicious and I am quite proud of myself. Hubby and I sat down to some good home-brewed coffee and freshly baked donuts. Enjoy!
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
2 large eggs (Or egg substitute) use 1/2 cup applesauce to replace eggs
in med bowl whisk wet ingredients
make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Mix until combine. (batter will be a little lumpy)
Bake, rotating pans halfway for 10 -12 minutes or until lightly golden. Let cool.
Chocolate topping: Melt semi sweet chocolate chips for chocolate topping. No double boiler no problem. Just fill pot with water, insert a glass bowl, boil water and watch your chocolate melt.
Sugar Topping: Fill bowl with sugar, coat donut with oil, roll in sugar mixture.