I can’t stop snacking on these yummy frozen Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Bites. I have seen many versions in Magazines including Outside Magazine, but the one we like the most here at the Beach Bungalow is the Peanut Butter and Chocolate. They are so easy to make and so worth it! Did I mention they are healthier than ice cream?!
You will need: Bananas, Melting Chocolate and Peanut Butter
I love making this bread because it is so moist and delicious plus it is a great snack to take along in my lunchbox for those days I want something sweet. Add additional fresh fruit to the slice of banana bread to give it that extra yumminess. I use applesauce to replace the egg, soy milk to replace buttermik and vegan margarine to replace butter. You can add nuts or chocolate chips to the bread. This recipe can also be used to make muffins.
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Lightly grease loaf pan.
- Mix sugar and margarine in a large bowl.
- Stir in applesauce, add bananas, soy milk and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix in the chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and cover loosely with foil.
- Go ahead, lick the bowl, because no raw eggs were used!
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes, if a toothpick comes out clean it is done.
- Cool completely and then slice to serve.
- Top with bananas or berries.
- Refrigerate and eat in the next couple of days, or freeze for later.
Love Ice cream but can’t eat dairy? This ice cream recipe has the creamy texture without the sugar and dairy. So easy to make and the kids will love it. Did I mention is much healthier?
In a food processor or blender pulse frozen banana’s, milk, vanilla, cocoa powder and syrup. Scrape the sides as necessary, until the mixture becomes the texture of soft ice cream. Spoon into bowls and serve immediately.
Tongue twister isn’t it? This is my recipe for my Very Berry Banana Blueberry Smoothie which is so berry berry delicious? By the way did you know Blueberries are loaded with tons of vitamins and antioxidants? Yep healthy for you too! Enjoy!
Very Berry Banana Blueberry Smoothie
Banana’s and Blueberries
IN A BLENDER COMBINE
1/2 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen or fresh banana
1 cup of ice cubes
2 cups milk beverage such as almond, rice or soy
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Blend until smooth add more ice if needed (taste test and add more milk, or berries if needed)
I love pancakes and banana’s, don’t you? So why not blend the two together for a delicious and healthy breakfast that is vegan too! My husband loves pancakes, as well and if he had his way he would eat them every day! My cat Samantha tried to sneak a bite but I told her “not for kitty cat!”
- 1 1/2 Cups of rice milk
- 2 bananas chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a blender puree the banana and rice milk
- add the flour, salt, and baking powder
- puree a few seconds more.
- Let the batter stand for about 10 minutes.
- Heat a large non stick skillet over med heat
- lightly coat bottom of skillet with canola oil
- pour batter in increments into a 1/4 cup, then into the skillet.
- Reduce heat to low
- Cook pancakes until the underside is golden brown flip and cook few minutes more
- Top with sliced banana’s and maple syrup
Photo by: Susan T’s Kitchen