I love a bowl of hot broth while curled up on the couch watching a movie on a cold winter night! You can make your own vegetable broth in these simple and easy steps to enjoy now or freeze the broth in containers for later use. This vegetable broth is delicious and is ideal for making soups, just add your favorite ingredients such as noodles, pasta, beans, potatoes, or tofu to name a few.
You will need:
- 1 large onion chopped into large chunks
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 carrots peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 4 celery stocks chopped into large chunks
- 1 cup broccoli
- left over celery tops
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- Wash trim and chop vegetables
- Put all ingredients into a large pot of water, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 3 hours while stirring occasionally
- Remove from heat and strain the broth through a mesh strainer into quart size containers. Freeze up to 6 months.